It’s pretty hot in my house right now. It’s not so hot outdoors in Scotland but in the summer it does get pretty hot indoors because we don’t tend to have air conditioning in the UK.
This Cooling Foot Rub is amazing for cooling down your feet and other parts of your body in the heat.
It also has some extra amazing benefits. Did you know that Peppermint is actually really good for maintaining good digestion?
Another reason for using this is that Peppermint is very uplifting. So use this when you want a boost, either physical or mental clarity and watch yourself zing into action.
My whole life changed when I started using Young Living essential oils. I started with a premium starter kit
Not just any old Peppermint, the best quality Young Living peppermint in the world and that makes all the difference. this oil was so much more powerful than any other peppermint you’ll have ever used. You literally only need one drop!
So I made myself a Cooling Foot Rub Recipe so I can also use this on my kids feet to help cool them down and spread this cream over a larger surface area such as my husband’s back for his back ache.
What is so great about Peppermint?
Peppermint has a strong, clean, fresh, minty aroma. One of the oldest and most highly regarded herbs for soothing supporting digestion and promoting healthy intestinal function.
This powerful essential oil is often diluted before topical application. Peppermint may also be used to enhance the flavor of food and water.
I like to add one drop to a large glass of water for mental clarity! It also really does reduce my appetite. An oil I could never be without now as I use it for that many things!
Cooling Foot Rub recipe
- 1/4 cup cocoa butter (But it here)
- 1/8 cup coconut oil (Buy it here)
- 1/8 cup sweet almond oil (Buy it here)
- 50 drops of Young Living Peppermint essential oil (Buy it here) or learn how to save 24% wholesale here
* You can replace the cocoa butter and the almond oil with coconut oil if you like, but this may melt during hot weather so you might need to keep it in the fridge.
- In a glass jug, melt down your cocoa butter, coconut oil and almond oil until they become a liquid.
- Put it in the freezer to harden, for 20 minutes. Don’t leave it any longer or it will harden too much.
- Once the mixture is solid again, but not too hard, add the peppermint essential oil. Whip it up using an electronic whisk, a food processor with a whisk attachment, a handheld whisk and a bit of elbow grease until the cream is soft and fluffy.
- Spoon it into a glass jar. It will keep for months.
- Rub this on your feet to cool them down.
If you are new to essential oils, I recommend you starting with a premium starter kit by Young Living. You get Peppermint as part of this kit. Read more about it here.
Want to ask me a question about it? Join my essential oils Facebook group and ask me there.
Get your free 14 day essential oils e-course by clicking here.
The information you find within this site and presented herein is in no way intended to treat, cure, diagnose or prevent any disease or illness. If you feel you have a medical condition you are urged to seek the help of a medical professional. You are encouraged to first seek the counsel of your health care professional before making any changes to your current health routine. The suggestions you find within this site and any files to be downloaded are for use with Young Living Therapeutic Grade Seed to Seal (TM) Essential Oils and NO other. This website is being provided with the understanding that the publisher, editor and the creator are not liable for the misconception or misuse of the information provided.